Win 3 x $100 for Your Favorite Primate Charity
*** This initiative/award is currently closed ***
We’ve all seen them, we’ve all shared them, we all love them. Nope, we’re not talking about cat videos here, but about memes! Yes, memes. Whether it’s Leo DiCaprio’s ‘Great Gatsby Reaction’, the ‘Success Kid’, ‘Sad Keanu’, or the ‘Grumpy Cat’, you’re probably living off the grid if you haven’t run into a meme yet.
To quickly explain, a meme is a–usually funny–image, video, piece of text, etc., that is copied and spread rapidly by Internet users, often with slight variations. This Lifewire article serves as a nice short introduction into memes, while this one showcases some of the most popular past memes.
Memes represent a great way to show off your creativity, but also to make others laugh or think. They are infectious in nature and encourage people to spread them via social media or email.
It’s high time to put them to work to raise more awareness for endangered primate species.
- Create a meme with your favorite primate in it,
- Share it on your social media,
- Then submit your meme through the contest widget on this page and complete the rest of the contest actions.
3 x $100 donation for primate charities/NGOs/NPOs nominated by 3 randomly chosen winners from the pool of all submitted entries.
The winners of the contest and the organizations who receive the prize will be announced on this page and on our social media.
March 17, 2019 (GMT+8 time zone)
- (Required) CREATE A MEME
Use a free meme generator such as imgflip.com to create a meme with your favorite primate. It can be humorous, serious, sarcastic, or thought-provoking. It is totally up to you. The only limitation is your creativity! However, please keep your creations respectful, well-intended and aimed at furthering the cause of primate conservation. We abide by the IPS’s policy on media use of nonhuman primates and will not tolerate any offensive or abusive submissions.
You can download and use one of the images from our collection, or you can use a primate image of your choosing. If you do the latter, you should use a copyright free image or at least have the author’s permission to use it. Our images are completely free and you can do whatever you like with them.
A perfect way to get some original, high-quality photos might be to reach out to your favorite primate charity. Tell them about this contest and ask if they might have any suitable photos that you could use.
- (Required) SHARE A MEME
Download the image with the meme you created and share it on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter with the following text:
- “Did you know that [insert a random true fact about your favorite primate that people may find interesting]?”
- “Help protect [your favorite primate] and support [your favorite primate charity] by donating at [link to your favorite charity’s donation page].”
- Add #ApeHero, #Round2 and #CroeniFoundation hashtags and https://www.croeni.org/awards/ape-hero/round-2/ (a link to this page).
- If sharing on Facebook, tag our Facebook page as well (@CroeniFoundation). If on Twitter, tag our Twitter account (@CroeniCharity).
- Feel free to add any other information, hashtags or links as you like.
- (Required) ENTER THE CONTEST
After you create your post:
- Submit your meme from your social media feed through the contest widget on this page.
- Use the widget to provide a link to the donation page of the charity, NGO or NPO you would like us to donate the prize to in case you win the contest.
Important note: (a) the organization must have an official charity, NGO or NPO status in their country of residence and (b) accept online or bank transfer donations.
- (Optional) INCREASE YOUR CHANCE TO WIN
- Complete the remaining contest actions in the widget (e.g. visit and like our page on Facebook or subscribe to our newsletter) to increase your chance to win as you get extra entries for each completed action. The more entries you have, the higher the chance that you will be drawn as one of the winners.
- Do not forget that you can create a new meme every day for extra entries, so do come back with new memes and boost your chance to win.
Terms & Conditions
Please click here for the detailed terms and conditions.
Questions, Concerns, Comments?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this contest, please reach out to us.
Have you read through the instructions, but are you not quite sure what your post on your social media should look like? Do not despair, here is an example to get you going.