Giving Voice to Lesser Known Endangered Animal Species
*** CLOSED ***
About the Almost Famous Award
Please visit the main Almost Famous Award page to learn more about the award and the past runs and winners.
- 1st place: SGD3,000
- 2nd place: SGD1,500
- 3rd place: SGD500
- August 15, 2018 (SGT time)
- The species must be critically endangered as per the IUCN Red List.
- Currently there are none or limited conservation efforts for the species.
- The species must not be a well-known charismatic megafauna or flagship species.
Terms and Conditions
- Anyone can participate, be it an NGO, charity, company or individual.
- Post about one or more of the IUCN Red List species on your social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), complying with the nomination criteria specified above.
- Your post MUST include a link to the IUCN Red List species’ profile page as well as a hashtag #AlmostFamous and #CroeniFoundation.
- You can make as many posts as you like, on any of your social media channels, as frequently as you wish. The post content should aim to raise the awareness of the species, provide information about it, or the threats it faces. You can also make posts about different species (remember to include the link to the correct Red List species’ profile page and the hashtags). There is no limit on how many species you can or want to champion.
- Your posts must be accessible to the public, i.e. they can be viewed by anyone and not have any special privacy settings or be behind a paywall.
- By the end of the deadline, share your 3 most popular posts on our Facebook page. Make sure we are able to send you a private message, in case you are determined as the winner.
- The post popularity is measured by the number of ‘shares/re-tweets’ and ‘likes’ it receives. Each ‘share/re-tweet’ (or its equivalent, depending on the social media channel) is worth 2 points, while each ‘like’ (or its equivalent, depending on the social media channel) is worth 1 point.
- The points from the ‘shares’ and ‘likes’ of your 3 most popular posts will be added up together and the person/organization with the highest points total will be declared a winner.
- It is our aim to incentivize participating organizations to make full use of all media channels to engage with their target audience. Paid ads are one way to engage with existing fans, as well as reach a bigger target audience. As long as likes and shares are not generated in a fraudulent way, Facebook, Twitter, etc. boosts and ads are acceptable. You can also drive further traffic to the post via your newsletter, website, etc.
- We reserve the right to announce your or your organization’s name as the award participant or prize winner on our website, social media, printed materials, and other communication channels.
- The awarded prize money has to be used for conservation purposes of a species on the IUCN Red List of your choice, preferably the one promoted by the winning post. In case of doubt, we reserve the right to award the prize money to the next highest ranked participant(s).
- If the prize is won by an individual or organization that does not directly work on the conservation of an endangered species, they will be required to choose a conservation charity, organization or project to whom we will transfer / donate the prize.
- The winner will be declared within 1 month after the award deadline and the prize will be transferred via bank transfer to the winner within 1 month from the date of the winner announcement.
- Winner will be invited to share their tips and best practices for marketing their winning posts with other participants and the general public.
- Final decision regarding the award winners and the prize allocation is subject to Croeni Foundation at its sole discretion.
Top Participants and Posts
No eligible submissions were received for this run of the award.