Win 3 x $100 for Your Favorite Primate Charity
*** This initiative/award is currently closed ***
Do you like to draw or paint? Do you love apes and monkeys? Do you want to win $100 for your favorite primate charity? Then this round of the Ape Hero contest is for you!
Draw or paint a picture of your favorite primate and share it on your social media. Then submit your artwork through our contest widget and complete the other actions.
At the end of the contest, we will select 3 lucky winners and donate 3 x $100 to their selected primate charities, NGOs or NPOs.
- (Required) Draw or paint a picture of your favorite primate. You do not need to be a professional artist, we encourage everyone to participate, regardless of their skill. Any style or technique is welcome.
- (Required) Share the drawing or painting on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter with the following text:
- “Did you know that [insert a random true fact about your favorite primate that people may find interesting]?”
- “Help protect [your favorite primate] and support [your favorite primate charity] by donating at [link to your favorite charity’s donation page].”
- Add #ApeHero2018 and #CroeniFoundation hashtags.
- If sharing on Facebook, tag our Facebook page as well (@CroeniFoundation).
- Feel free to add any other information, hashtags or links as you like.
- After you create your post:
- (Required) Submit your artwork from your social media feed through the contest widget on this page (on the right side or below, depending on your screen resolution).
- (Required) Use the widget to provide a link to the donation page of the charity, NGO or NPO you would like us to donate the prize to in case you win the contest.
Important note: (a) the organization must have an official charity, NGO or NPO status in their country of residence and (b) accept online donations.
- (Optional) Complete the remaining contest actions to increase your chance to win as you get extra entries for each completed action. The more entries you have, the higher the chance that you will be drawn as one of the winners.
Questions, Concerns, Comments?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this contest, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Have you read through the instructions above, but are you not quite sure what your post on your social media should look like? Do not despair, here is an example to get you going.
Artwork by SilentDoodles.com.
Did you know that female gorillas have just one baby every 4 – 5 years and that the newborn babies have a 30 – 40% mortality rate? Hence many females will produce only 2 – 6 offspring in their lifetime.
Help protect gorillas and support The Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund International by donating at https://donate.gorillafund.org.
#ApeHero2018 #CroeniFoundation #GorillaConservation
(This is an example post for our upcoming Ape Hero contest. Stay tuned for more details! Artwork credits: the amazingly talented Silent Doodles.)
Below are all the eligible submissions entered into the contest.
for Project Primate
Kate and Hannah Breach
Lydie Vander Beeken
Mac Gee Leurima
Teria Walters (from FB)
Teria Walters (from IG)
Congratulations to the three lucky winners!
We would like to sincerely thank all the participants in the contest. The reception has surpassed our expectations and we have seen some absolutely amazing and stunning artworks entered into the contest.
We hope that all the participants had fun and enjoyed the contest. Even if your entry did not win, please do not be disappointed and know that your effort was not in vain. Your participation helped raise awareness for critically endangered primate species and the need for their conservation. Truly, each and every one of our participants is an ape hero!
We would like encourage all participants to use their incredible talents to support charitable causes. If you would like to, but if you are not quite sure where to start, please have a look at our guide and collection of tips for charity through art.
We would also like to thank all the primate charities and NGOs that helped us promote the contest, namely Ape Action Africa, Sumatran Orangutan Conservation Programme (SOCP), Palm Oil Free Certification Orangutan Alliance, Sumatran Orangutan Society (SOS), Gorilla Rehabilitation and Conservation Education Center, Orangutan Veterinary Aid – OVAID, Bonobo Conservation Initiative, Gunung Palung Orangutan Project, BOS Foundation, World Orangutan Events, Heart for Primates, and The Wildlife Volunteer. The same goes to Silent Doodles who drew the lifelike Harambe portrait that we used in the promotion.
We truly appreciate your support and feel humbled to have found so many receptive and ready-to-collaborate partners who realize that the cause is bigger than our individual organizations. Thank you!